Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 and a half days

Well, here I am just 3 and a half days from travel and we are getting everything packed. My large piece of luggage is in at 49.5 pounds with a few things left to go. Since I only get 50 pounds before I have to pay overage fees I'm hoping that those last few items are kind of light. If not I don't think it will a big deal I can just divide it up into two checked bags, I mean heck I'm packing a bag in a bag as is. For those of you reading this that think I'm a little crazy for packing a bag in a bag, you apparently don't know about all the amazing things you can buy in China at an amazing bargin.

I'm getting really excited about my journey, not so much with the 24 hour plane trip, but I have movies, puzzle books, and sleep to occupy my time. I was debating on if I should try to get on China time prior to my trip and sleep most of the flight over, but then I found that they're showing "Monsters Vs. Aliens" and "Star Trek" on the flight. I've seen Monsters with the kids and loved it, more than willing to watch it again, and with Star Trek, I'm a big fan and wanted to see it in theatres but never made it. Either way I guess I'll have to do my best and stay awake for at least Star Trek, what kind of fan would I be if I slept through it. (and hey, I don't have to pay for the rental. YES!!!)

This is getting a bit long for a prior to trip post so I guess I should wrap it up by giving a major thanks to my wife for doing almost all of the packing for me. I know if I pakced myself I would get to China with 4 shorts, 6 shirts, 1 pair of socks and no underware (not a pretty picture). So thank you honey, without you I'd be going comando throughout China.

No comments:

Post a Comment