Wednesday, August 5, 2009

9 Hours till take off

Well, here I am with only 9 hours left until the first leg of my trip begins and I feel the excitement as if this was my first time to China. I have so many hopes for this trip, like showing my dad the beauty of China, seeing sights that I've missed on my other trips, and meeting my daughters foster parents while hopefully getting some great stories and information from her first year. I'm so nervous that when I meet them I'll be struck dumb and unable to talk, so Kim and I sat down and typed out a list of questions to ask. (This will only work if I can remember how to read and talk when I see them)

You know, I love China and getting to visit there is something I look foward to doing, but there is a bad side to this trip...OVER 24 HOURS FROM TAKE OFF TO FINAL DESTINATION!!! I really wish the SST's were still running and didn't cost an arm and a leg, could you imagine cutting that travel time in half?

I keep running through all the items I need to take, i.e. passport, clothes, toothbrush, etc., and praying that all of those items make it with me to China. Clothes are the big thing for me, not many 6-1, 250 lb. Chinese walking around so buying clothes there might be a little dificult. But hey, I once wore the same outfit for 3 days straight with no problems, of course I was deer hunting, everyone else did the same and I WAS 12.

Time to try for a little rest, kind of hard to do when I get this amped up about something, but I do need a little sleep. (I find I function best with about 4 or 5 hours, that's why a mortician was the best job choice for me) Next post should be from the Peoples Republic of China. (There should be fanfair noise, large crowds applauding, whistling, etc. etc. but what can I do, this is just a blog after all)

No comments:

Post a Comment