Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trip to Orphanage: 8-12-09

Good evening all!

I spoke with Bryan this AM, right before they were heading to bed. They visited the orphanage today. God answered our prayers, and all the families were allowed to view their child's file. The families were not allowed to take pictures of the items in the files or write any information down. The information contained there matched the information we had on "S". Bryan also saw 4 pictures we'd never seen before. It was bitter sweet to know that there are more pictures of our baby but to not see them. . . SIGH! Bryan stated that the letter and photo albums we'd sent, previously were also in "S"'s file. I'm happy for that! Bryan was able to meet "S"'s nannies and the lady that checked on her weekly while she was in foster care.

They toured the orphanage, and were allowed to take many pictures. Bryan took a picture of every child he saw just in case that child either has a family waiting to bring them home, or will in the future. Pictures of your child are like precious jewels. These are glimpses into their lives before they join your family.

Something funny. . . when we traveled to receive "S", the director and assistant director were both females. The director is the same woman, but there is a newer assistant director. The new assistant director is MALE! Bryan took female watches (THANK YOU to my cousin, Bridget!!!!). In China, it is considered rude to open a gift in front of the person who gave you the gift. I'd love to see the look on the assistant director's face when he opens a beautiful, pink faced watch! Oh well! We tried. He can just give it to his wife. :-D

No new pictures or update from him yet, as he was tired. Tommy was asleep before Bryan and I got off of our skype phone call, and Bryan was following him as soon as we hung up.

As I am typing this post, it's after 11 PM, which makes it just after noon on Thursday, August 13. The group left the hotel at 8 AM to go to Anning, one of the foster villages. It's a 2 hour drive, so they should have had 2 hours there so far. Praying for a photo album from the foster family and lots and lots of answers to our many questions! I hope they enjoy their gifts and the photo album we sent for them.

I'm anxious about what is going on in Anning. I've got a sick feeling in my stomach. . .just nerves. I know I'm going to cry when I hear about this day. Oh, how I wish we'd all been able to go. I'm just so thankful that Bryan was able to go. This group made history yesterday and today! I pray that it opens many, many doors for the families that follow and for the families that take their child back for a birthland tour.

Many blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment